The Vinyl Record "is back". Is there somehing tha upsets you in the whole business? What would you change?

Questions, News, Opinions, Cleaning Methods, Collecting Stories and more... Everything about Vinyl Records.
Yannis
The Vinyl Record "is back". Is there somehing tha upsets you in the whole business? What would you change?

Post by Yannis » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 am

What do you think?
Vinylom EncyclopediaStories behind every rare vinyl record
Vinylom Marketplace Millions of items available for sale
Youtube Subscribe, Like, Share!!

Ted

Re: The Vinyl Record "is back". Is there somehing tha upsets you in the whole business? What would you change?

Post by Ted » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:59 am

Well... a lot of the re-issued vinyl does not sound like the original pressings. I have bought and heard many and I prefer the original pressings. Also, the prices are too high.

Sophie

Re: The Vinyl Record "is back". Is there somehing tha upsets you in the whole business? What would you change?

Post by Sophie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am

I' ve spent tons on new vinyl. When you’re looking at over $25-40 per album you know the industry is hosing us down for the fad it’s become. And it’s truly insulting. Also too many new records that were damaged right out of the sleeve. From higher end pressings, no less.

JRecs

Post by JRecs » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:23 am

Reissues and New releases are so expensive.

Souvlaki101

Post by Souvlaki101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 pm

The backlog of recordings being released is compounded by the plethora of 'junk' that comes out twice a year via the RSD dates. As a result, pressing plants are speeding through orders and as a result quality is suffering. I think RSD should be limited to ONLY resissuing scarce items that were never put on vinyl/rare to find versus reissuing every damn Grateful Dead record over and over and over... RSD has it's merits, but this has turned into a cash cow for the labels, and until changed will continue to reserve overpriced 'limited edition' veriants of their same cold dishes to you each year. IMO standard release vinyl 'should' cost between $15.99 - $19.99. Why should a domestic pressing be retailing for $39.98??

JRecs

Post by JRecs » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Souvlaki101 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 pm
I think RSD should be limited to ONLY resissuing scarce items that were never put on vinyl/rare to find versus reissuing every damn Grateful Dead record over and over and over...
That's a good thought but...

Nik

Post by Nik » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:35 pm

Nothing upsets me. Everything is fucking great !!! :) :) :)