Packing vinyl records in order to send them via mail, is a procedure that requires a great amount of attention.
Anyone who buys vinyl records from marketplaces like Vinylom Marketplace has a story, from personal experience or from a friend’s, that involves sold or bought records which were delivered warped or, even worse, broken.
It is a very sad view and a great disappointment; a vinyl record which you waited for ages until you finally found it in a good price, finally arriving in your hands, shattered. Of course, we haven’t put into the equation, any loss of money.
If you are a vinyl record seller, an incident like that could ruin your reputation and have a negative effect on your feedback. Anyway, a good method of packing is essential for the record or records to arrive in good condition.
The truth is that the more vinyl records a package has, the smaller is the possibility of an accident. Usually, the problem lies with packages including only one record.
Here are some safe record packing advices.
- Protect the inner sleeve and the cover.
Remove the vinyl record from the inner sleeve. Moreover, the record must be outside the record cover. The pressure during the transfer could enable the record to press the inner sleeve and the record cover from within and rip it apart.
Therefore: we buy a protective plastic wrap and we place the vinyl record in a new inner sleeve, the printed inner sleeve and the record cover in three separate layers.
- We wrap everything in bubble wrap
We wrap them in a layer of bubble wrap.
- Extra Carboard
Then, we place two pieces of cardboard on each side.
- Second layer of bubble wrap
We place a second layer of bubble wrap
- Close the package.
Then we close the package tight using a lot of tape!!!
This method may be a little on the expensive side, but if we have to mail a vinyl record that costs a few tenths of dollars, this is a no-brainer.
Other VINYLOM Sections that will Interest YOU !!!
– Vinylom Encyclopedia – The story behind every Rare Vinyl Record...
– Vinylom Forum – Discuss about Vinyl Records, Music and more with Music and Vinyl Lovers from all over the world.
– Vinylom Marketplace – Millions of items available for sale and trade from sellers all over the world.BUY-SELL-TRADE !!!
- 7 Freaky Reasons Vinyl Records Could Get You Fired
- A Record Collector, remembers,criticizes and...proposes
- Avoid this Vinyl Record storage mistake. Maybe your records are at risk.
- Ten Rock Vinyl Records that sold between $7000 and $20000
- The Greeting Card that plays a vinyl record !!!
- The MILLION DOLLAR McDonald's Record!
- The story behind the 12000$ Pink Floyd rare "Meddle" LP
- Tips and Guidelines for the Mega CD & Record Fair ( Jaarbeurs - Utrecht)
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it.
It will be a great help for us.
Thank you !!!